I really am not clever enough to come up with stuff like this on my own. Laura @ MommyRun Fast gave us the recap topics on her blog and suggested linking up. See, this is the kind of thing real bloggers do. It takes more time than “here’s a recap of my weekend” ( the kind of posts I do). But one of the things I would like to do in 2013 is become more of a real blogger…so here goes:
- Best Race experience: Definitely the Route 66 marathon. Not my best race, but so much fun to kick off being a masters runner with my best friends at a really unique fun event. Plus, I kinda like saying “I went on vacation to Tulsa for my 40 birthday.” Believe me, it keeps people guessing.
- Worst Race experience: All the races I signed up for and didn’t go to. Let’s not dwell on those. Have I mentioned being more positive in 2013?
- Best run: That’s a hard one. Sometimes the runs that kinda suck at the time are the best ones training wise. I would say any run in the Texas summer over 2 hours long that doesn’t leave me feeling like crap all day.
- Best new piece of gear: That’s easy….compression socks. I think technically I discovered them in 2011, but this was the year I started wearing them on runs. I guess you could say 2012 was also the year I started looking even geekier. Is that even possible? Yes, yes it is.
- Best piece of running advice you received: I don’t know if anyone gave me any running advice. I don’ think I got any. Anyone have any advice for me?
- Most inspirational runner: New blogging friends, Chrissie Wellington (ok, technically a triathlete, and pretty much all the interviewees on UltraRunnerPodcast
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? I’m not a Deadhead but, What a long strange trip it’s been, instantly came to mind. You’ll have to trust me on that one, but I just realized that’s more than a couple words. Oh well, I’m sticking to it.
- Running ups: Marathon #24, 25, 26, and 27 done this year. It’s not quite running, but mastered a headstand. Found a pair of shoes like Mo Farah’s.
- Running downs: my arthritic feet. Homeland season 2 just ended and I can’t wait until season 3. I know that’s not running, but watching Homeland in compression socks eating popcorn the night after a long run? Total recovery.
- Surprise of the year: Jasper loves running. He still watches the Olympic marathons I DVR’d back in August. I’ve seen Meb Keflezighi’s bio about 150 times this year. I’m not kidding…
Thanks Laura for such a fun idea. I”ll have to check out the other folks who linked up and see what other runners said.